TCI funds and operates a summer internship program that places Cornell University masters and professional degree candidates research internship opportunities across India. Interns work to propel TCI research in any of our main research areas, and specific internships/project opportunities depend on what projects are in need of support. This is a competitive, merit-based internship that requires interns to engage (full-time) over the course of 6-8 weeks in an applied, development-related research project in India. TCI internships typically occur in between May-August.
***The application for the Summer 2017 Internship is now open. The deadline to apply is Wednesday, February 15th, 2017.***
What do TCI interns do?
TCI interns may be selected to perform a range of functions: from participating in data-collection efforts, to working on monitoring and evaluation of specific initiatives, working with a specific partner organization or offering direct support in the Delhi office for TCI projects & personnel.
Accepted interns often demonstrate a background, proficiency, or interest in the following:
- Conducting applied research or work within a developing country.
- Career interest in agricultural development, rural development or global nutrition.
- Coursework in economics, statistics, rural/urban development, nutrition, public health, communication, engineering or agronomy.
- Interest/background in primary data collection and statistical analysis.
- Willingness to live or work outside the United States, openness to new cultures and new experiences, ability to learn from a diverse group of people, partners and/or experiences.
The application window typically opens in December and closes in January. Selected applicants are notified between February and March and the internship typically occurs for 6-8 weeks between May and August. This year's application deadline is Friday, February 17th, 2017.
How many internships are there?
It depends. The number of applicants accepted will be determined by the internship staffing needs of TCI for the upcoming summer.
Who is eligible?
Cornell graduate students (masters/professional students) are encouraged to apply. We are no longer accepting applications from undergraduate students.